Interferon beta (IFN-β)


Study Exclusion reasons Rmk Reference
Coyle, 2014 inadequate or absent control group

Coyle BMJ Open 2014; 4:e004536 10.1136/bmjopen-2013-004536

Richman, 2012 inadequate or absent control group

Richman Neurology. 2012;78(suppl 1):P06.191.

Romero, 2015 case report or case series

Romero J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatry 2015; 86:587-9 10.1136/jnnp-2014-308113

Shimizu, 2015 case report or case series

Shimizu Clinical and Experimental Neuroimmunology 2015;6:402–408 https://doi.org/10.1111/cen3.12231

Hellwig, 2010 other reason

Hellwig J. Neurol. 2010; 257:580-3 10.1007/s00415-009-5376-z

Fares, 2016 not relevant exposure Before pregnancy, 23 women (79.3%) were on intramuscular interferon β-1a and received one injection per week. The other 6 women (20.7%) were on subcutaneous interferon β-1a and received three injections per week.

Fares BMJ Open 2016; 6:e011210 10.1136/bmjopen-2016-011210

Kasatkin, 2017 not relevant exposure
Kasatkin, 2017 not relevant outcome EXCLUDED: continuous variables.

Kasatkin Zh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 2017; 117:85-91

Hellwig, 2012 repeat population groups, duplicate reports (most recent study included)

Hellwig, K. Therapeutic Advances in Neurological Disorders 2012; 5:247-. 10.1177/1756285612453192

Amato, 2010 same data already obtained by other studies

Amato Neurology 2010; 75:1794-802 10.1212/WNL.0b013e3181fd62bb

Patti, 2008 same data already obtained by other studies

Patti J. Neurol. 2008; 255:1250-3 10.1007/s00415-008-0909-4

Cuello, 2017 Studies without separate analysis of the considered drug/class from other drugs/class Four patients became pregnant while receiving DMDs: Avonex® in 1 case, Copaxone® in 1 case, 1 with Rebif®, 1 with Betaferon®: DMDs were discontinued immediately after pregnancy was diagnosed (all in the 1st trimester, mean of 6.5 weeks (3-10)).

Cuello Neurologia 2017; 32:92-98 10.1016/j.nrl.2014.12.015

Fernandez Liguori, 2009 Studies without separate analysis of the considered drug/class from other drugs/class Immunomodulatory therapy (IMT) was not interrupted before conception in 23 out of 42 pregnancies (54.8%). Out of 65 (46.1%) unplanned pregnancies, 11 (16.9%) were exposed to IMT. => No other details on the nb of exposure to each IMT during pregnancy.

Fernandez Liguori Mult. Scler. 2009; 15:555-62 10.1177/1352458509102366

Buraga, 2014 Studies without separate analysis of the considered drug/class from other drugs/class

Buraga ScientificWorldJournal 2014; 2014:513160 10.1155/2014/513160

Hellwig, 2008 Studies without separate analysis of the considered drug/class from other drugs/class

Hellwig Acta Neurol. Scand. 2008; 118:24-8 10.1111/j.1600-0404.2007.00978.x

Fertl, 2008 Review articles, letter to editor, editorial, comments

Fertl Wien Med Wochenschr 2008; 158:98-109 10.1007/s10354-008-0510-6